Hi darlings. Yep yep. I’m here again. You better believe it. Lol. Lemme get to this quick.
I dunno about you but I often wonder. Who am I? Why am I here? I’ve discovered many people don’t know who they are. Some people don’t even know what they want from life. Some people are just existing. I did a post sometime on finding purpose. It should help. Some people don’t even know who they are right now. Clueless, purposeless set-o-people.
Before I proceed tho, the purpose of this post is to tell you guys more about myself. Lol. Before some people get all serious on me. I’m only trying to point your attention to the lesson in this. I learn from almost anything.
So I had a chat with someone sometime last year. He’ll probably guess I’m talking about him (he reads my blog religiously. Lol). The chat went like- ‘Ewa do you know you are beautiful?’ and I’m like ‘of course I do. I aint blind, my parents and friends aint blind either. As a matter of fact there’s nothing you can tell me about me that I don’t already know except you are speaking by God’s Spirit’. Lol. I must confess I was a little pissed that day but hey I got a lesson outta it. Believe it or not, that’s very true.
First lesson. ‘GNOTHI SEAUTON’. Know know thyself. Actually study yourself. Meet yourself. Rediscover you. Be sincere. Twould be foolish to be deceiving yourself. Know you strengths, flaws et all. I know myself inside out. Anything I don’t know yet, I would yet know. I promise you, you don’t know it either. Cos I feel like, I’ll tell you some things about me you probably didn’t know. If you know 50% of them, you are a very dear friend and I probably told you half of them (lol). Yep I’m bragging. I make my boast in the Lord.
- I LOVE GOD. Ah I really do. You probably knew this but you probably didn’t know how much. I love God. I don’t think I can love any other person more. Ah! The Love I have for Him ehn, I can’t explain it. I’m heads over heels, crazily in love with Him. The reason isn’t far-fetched. The day I meet someone that loves me as much as He does, maybe I’ll love that person as much.1 John 4:19. Call me fanatic, lunatic and all other ‘ics’.
That’s why I love Him. He’s shown me so much love. Took me when even I wouldn’t take myself. Turned my life around and just kept loving me and taking care of me. He’s so sweet and loving. When I ponder on His love for me, I am ALWAYS moved to tears. Even when I misbehave, He still draws me to Himself telling me ‘baby gurl my grace runs deeper than your mess’.
How romantic is that? The more I get to know Him and His ways, the more thrilled I get. He’s amazing. Sincerely!
My whole life revolves around Him.
I love God and I’m not ashamed to say it. #GODLOVER#JESUSBABY#TEAMJESUS#SOULEDOUT#2. I love myself. Yep. A whole lot. Call me vain but I do. I love everything about me. My personality, body, HAIR, shape, everything. I do. The only person that loves me more than me is God. lol.
I’m smart, a great friend. I’m just awesome.
If you think otherwise you can jes kiss ma ass
3. If you look at my face closely, like really close, you’ll find that a part is a lighter than the other.
4. I can be shy. Really shy. I’ve been like that since I was a child. Dunno why. My friends can hardly notice cos I’m kind of a talkative.
I find it easier to express myself by writing than talking. Comfortable or not.
5. I love words. I respect them. Creativity with words drive me crazy. You wanna win my heart, write me a poem. Or do something interesting with words and I’ll fall in love with you.
6. I midnight snack. It’s silly but I like to wake up at night and jes find something to much on. lol.
7. I CANNOT tolerate stupidity. Kai! I’m just meeting you and God help you your first acts around me are stupid. You’ll jes realize that we can’t be close. Or you just keep acting stupid around me. I’ll keep you at a good distance from me.
If I seem very quiet around you, two things- either I’m shy or you are doing something wrong._this doesnt apply to my friends tho.
7. I can almost always tell if someone is lying to me. Guess it’s cos I study people a lot and I watch their mannerisms. Must times I won’t let you know I know you are lying. I jes play along.
8. I can be pretty restless. Sitting for long doing nothing is not my thing. I’ll either fall asleep, play with my phone or start gallivanting.
9. I LOVE games. If you don’t know this about me, you don’t know me at all.
10. I love to laugh. Ah! I do. I enjoy it. In fact it’s one of my hobbies. I can almost marry a man cos he’s funny (if you believe this then…). Anyway that’s to show you how much I enjoy laughing. It’s so refreshing to laugh.
11. I ALWAYS forget to wear perfume. Like always. If I do wear perfume, I probably sighted it on my way out or my roommate reminds me or something. It’s like a plague.
12. I procrastinate a lot. That’s all I will say about this.
I’ll stop here for now. I’ll probably do another post with questions and answers about myself.
This is what I’m driving at tho. You cannot know who you are exactly without a walk with God. You can know stuff about yourself. You can study yourself up to phd level and still not know who you are.
Let’s take a case study from scriptures. Look at prophet Jeremiah. In Jer 1:4-10,
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.
8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.
9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
God reveal how you can know yourself- your strong and weak points – and still don’t know who you are. Prophet Jeremiah knew himself. He couldn’t talk. He was probably shy like myself. Yet he was a prophet. You can know yourself- I can’t talk, I’m an introvert, I can’t sing, I can’t write, I can’t paint, etc- but that is probably not who you are.
God is your source. He created you. Who can know the product as much as the manufacturer. What can be as pathetic as a blender thinking it’s a ceiling fan simply because it can roll; or a baby thinking it’s less of a human cos it cannot walk as yet. If you go by your abilities or inabilities, you’ll be underrating yourself. You can never tell what you were made for that way. The you God knows is the real you- that’s who you are. What God calls you is whom you are. God’s word defines you. Jeremiah was seeing a child, God was seeing a prophet.
I am of course not saying your natural gifts or talents wouldn’t help in your purpose. God gave you natural talents to help you with your God-given-destiny. You might however channel them into the wrong things without your knowledge of God. Paul for example was a zealous young man. He was very much interested in working for God but He was doing the exact opposite of what his purpose was.
Here’s my point- walk with God. Your abilities or strengths are disastrous without the revelation of God. God’s word defines you. You can never know who you are if God doesn’t tell you.
Love you all. Wishing you a purpose driven life.
Don’t forget to drop a comment.